John Boos Co. Jasmine Block 36X24x3 Black



Good, but not brilliant

The block provides some much-needed drawer storage (and the drawer is quite deep) and a great shelf. It’s attractive, sturdy and just the right size. So, why not 5 stars? Because the gorgeously-grained, lusciously smooth butcher block top gets marred when in contact with even the smallest amount of liquid for more than a minute or two. I’ve used the Boos recommended cream and mystery oil regularly, but it hasn’t solved the problem. I have to use very finely grained sandpaper to remove the raised bumps and even then, the surface isn’t fully restored. I’m not placing wet items directly on the surface either, I always use a cutting board, but freshly washed produce always has some water clinging to it that ends up on the block’s surface. My other minor complaint is that the drawer sometimes sticks, which makes it difficult to push it in the last half inch or so. Overall, I like the block a great deal, but it’s not quite as good as I’d hoped.


Click to Editorial Reviews





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TBCL Utility Knife 17 Centimeters

Masanobu VG-10 Sujihiki 10.5″ (27cm) – Right