Popular posts from this blog
Global GS-9 – 3 inch, 8cm Serrated Tomato Knife
Incredible Knife, Just Too Short for my Tomato I am a big fan of Global knives. They are wonderfully balanced, expertly sharp, and heaven to hold. This knife is no exception. I have quite a collection, myself. However, to call this knife a "Tomato Knife," at only 3inches long, is nuts in my book; that is, of course, unless you’re talking about cherry tomatoes! The knife does glide through the skin effortlessly, as another has said, and the meat of the tomato is certainly not a challenge for the knife, either. But it’s so short that the knife can get hung-up down in the tomato when you’re trying to cut through. I wondered about this, but I purchased it anyway. It’s great on avacados: if you use it to cut them in half the long way, and then use the back of the knife to cross-cut the insides of the halves, then turn the halves inside out, and scrape out the little squares of the avacado meat. But if you really want a great serrated knife that’s long enough to cut through tomato...
Shun Ken Onion 7-Inch Cleaver
Chop I’ve wanted a nice cleaver since I saw the Mortal Kombat character ‘Meat’ hacking away at his foes with a sweet pair of them, or was it the Swedish Chef recklessly flailing away in the kitchen on the Muppet Show in the mid 70′s? Anywho. Due to a youthful affinity for the tool paired with the occasional lite butchery I’ve been doing from watching too much of the ‘Food Network’, i felt it was time to invest in a piece that was sturdy, functional & decorative. The Shun Ken Onion Cleaver does not disappoint on any of these criteria. It’s like having one of those decorative battle-axes or Harry Potter swords on the wall that is actually functionally useful for cooking. It easily dispenses with meats, is well balanced, sharp & ergonomically feels like an extension of your hand. When the zombie apocalypse comes to wipe out humanity, I have no doubt that my Shun Ken Onion Cleaver will be a highly effective tool when close range combat becomes a necessity. Practical art! This is m...
Comments
Post a Comment