YOSHIHIRO- NSW Hammered Damascus Japanese Chef Knife Gyuto Knife 7″ 180mm Shitan Handle MADE IN JAPAN



Japanese Gyuto 7″ chefs knife

The YOSHIHIRO-NSW Hammered Damascus Japanese Chef Gyuto 7" chefs knife came a few days ago and it’s absolutely beautiful to look at. It’s light, well balanced, and very,very sharp. I also have some Shun, Global, and German knifes, but this is the one I will use for most of my work. The knife was obviously crafted by true artist of the ancient Japanese art of Samurai swords making, and I love it. Thanks

Incredible!!!!

This knife quickly became our favorite, plus, it is beautiful! We use it EVERY day and couldn’t ask for better!

Very nice addition to my cutlery

Never really had a (short) 180mm chef’s knife(bar my four German and domestic knives, but they don’t count) before, but I really have come to appreciate it’s size, light weight, balance and acuity. For a rather inexpensive knife, I was impressed with the grind and finish on this gyuto.

Likewise, for a VG type steel, it is surprisingly easy and fast to maintain the edge at utmost sharpness, provided one does not try to ruin it by using a steel(would probably roll the edge easily) on it, but rather a few light passes on a good stone. The edge I achieve in a couple of minutes, holds excellently for an entire day of intensive prep and still sharp enough to push cut paper. I could not ask for anything more, from a knife that only costs half as much as my favorite petty. The handle, being nice to hold and finished rather handsomely, rounds out this piece, that I’ve come to reach for, with a smile on my face.

It’s definitely not the best knife I own, by any stretch, but it garnered…

Click to Editorial Reviews





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TBCL Utility Knife 17 Centimeters

Masanobu VG-10 Sujihiki 10.5″ (27cm) – Right