Dash Squeeze Juicer



Superior Extraction to Hurom

Just purchased a Hurom at a price more than $200 less than the Amazon price and tried it our with Kale, Carrots, Apple,and Cucumber and it worked well except I noticed the carrot pulp was wetter than I expected. I then went to clean it and there were pieces of kale in the discharge shoot that even using the tapered tip of the cleaning brush and a hard spray, I was unable to clean it out to my satisfaction.


So, I opened the Dash Stainless steel JB250 and processed the same 4 products and immediately noticed that although it was a bit louder than the Hurom, the pulp seemed dryer and without a doubt at all, the carrot pulp was far dryer and instead of being extracted in loose pieces like the Hurom, it expressed in a form similar to a rectangular shaped rope.


Without a doubt as well I was not able to fit all the juice in the cup I had used with the Hurom juicer and thus, it was very plainly evident that I had significantly more extraction with the Dash. I do not know…

Pretty good from a newbie

I wanted a slow juicer to get more juice and good quality juice with more quiet. I really like that I can (I think) make nut butter and juice fine greens like wheat grass (which I haven’t tried yet – disclaimer!). I did a test juice with simply 2 apples and 2 carrots. The pulp was very dry and the juice was delicious. It did not take “forever”, as it did a good job. I had to use the “reverse” button twice really fast when juicing the carrots (which were cut in fourths) but it was a small hiccup. What has me tempted to return the thing is that it has 8 pieces to wash and the screen involved a bunch of scrubbing and one other part required a bit of scrubbing with a tiny brush (not the brush that is included, for it wouldn’t have helped much). It was time-consuming, to say the least. I love the benefits of this juicer at the price BUT… I have many young children and I need every bit of time I can get! That said, I’d also like to get every drop of juice from the expensive…

Dash Slow Juicer

I’ve been using the Dash Slower Juicer for one week and am highly satisfied for the $200 I spent. Before the Dash, I have used both the Jack LaLanne and Juiceman, both priced between $70 – $100.


What I considered normal for those two machines was the great amount of moist pulp that shot out. Cleanup was a real pain with both machines as well. Really hated the cleanup.


Having said that, the Slow Juicer lives up to its name by being slow. The good news is that it extracts ever y drop of juice possible. The pulp is bone dry and far less than the aforementioned. The Dash can also squeeze leafy greens efficiently as where the first two do not. This was important to me since I wanted to go on a “green” detox juicing of Kale, Parsley, Cucumber, Celery, and Spinach. I also wanted it to juice watercress for my V-8 juice (fresh and delicious, btw, but you do need watercress).


Cleanup is a whizz, just run the parts under a good stream of water. You’ll need the…

Click to Editorial Reviews





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TBCL Utility Knife 17 Centimeters

Masanobu VG-10 Sujihiki 10.5″ (27cm) – Right