Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star II 8-Inch Scalloped Bread Knife



An Everyday Bread knife

First off, a little about myself: I frequently make home-made breads and probably use this knife 4-5 times a week. I have owned this knife for about 4 months. I don’t really use the knife for anything other than cutting breads. This was purchased as an addition to a JA Henckels 4starII set.


Pros:

1) Build quality: The steel used to construct this knife is excellent quality with high strength. There is some minor lateral flex in the blade however this hasn’t caused uneven cuts. This is likely because of the thinness of the blade so I consider this a positive. When compared to other high quality knife sets such as Wusthof, this knife is noticeably higher quality build and feel in the hand.


2) Balance: The knife is well balanced with a center of gravity where the blade meets the shaft. It makes it easy to slice through thick breads.


3) Cutting ability: there isn’t any crust that this blade can’t cut through. Even my thick crusted french bread isn’t…

Very good knife

This is an excellent knife. It is extremely sharp and works very well. What set it apart from other high quality knifes, at least for me, is the handle it fills my hand perfectly which makes the knife easier to control. It is a pleasure to use.

Great Knife

Just what I was looking for. Great balance, nice grip and cuts bread. High quality steel that will forever look new. Plus arrived on time.

Click to Editorial Reviews





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TBCL Utility Knife 17 Centimeters

Masanobu VG-10 Sujihiki 10.5″ (27cm) – Right